Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My CBF 2009, Part Four

Ah! What would life be like without the contrary weather that seems to exist on these two islands?

An extremely wet poet today, as I walked from my house to the Dart station, Pearse Dart Station to the Luas at St Stephens Green, and then from Dundrum - Luas Stop to Dundrum Library. All in the Lovely Dublin Rain that wasn’t even hinted at during the lovely autumnal day that was yesterday. I had my wife’s company again up to Connolly, but she could not come and take photos again.

Oh well, the wet poet made his way up to the library and set up and sat drinking coffee waiting for the class to arrive. On my arrival I saw a poster saying, ‘Latest Copy of the Beano available here.’ And that can never be a bad thing.

48 wet little people came in and situated themselves in front of me and then I began. Laughs were heard as I read my poems and sang my songs, and an enjoyable time was had by all, I think. I no longer do feedback forms at the end of sessions so I can only go by the giggles and thank you’s I receive at the end.

After Dundrum, I was driven up to St Lawrence School in Stillorgan, where I was shown into Mr Clarke’s Classroom whilst many young boys sat eating their Lunch. After I set up, the boys finished their lunches and the boys in the class opposite came to join us.

I sang songs, read my poems to another enthusiastic group. Limericks were great again and many questions were asked, including many asking where my poetry can be purchased.

So an enjoyable day was had. I’m in South Dublin tomorrow, returning to DLR on Friday.

No comments: