Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gordon's Sympathy???????

There are many people in the British Isles who are tragically dying of various illnesses. Very few of them have ever come close to causing an international incident… And this makes British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, singling out one, who almost did cause said incident, for sympathetic words, very strange indeed.

Now I don’t blame him, he is probably pre-guessing the ‘Queen of Our Hearts’, Headlines that will inevitably follow from some in the media, interfering with extensive coverage of more important topics… Some in the media seem to want us all to watch Big Brother for some un-explained reason.

Fans of Trashy Reality Shows often use the phrase, ‘If you don’t like it don’t watch it’, as an argument, and in a way they are correct. I have never watched Big Brother and when I die I hope to be able to say the same… But when the leader of my home country, and many leaders, decide to use their position to make themselves look caring and people decide to tell me what I want to watch then it becomes my business…

I wish Jade no ill and would hope that she recovers, like I would wish anyone in that situation, but it is not news and it does not warrant being made news…

As I Blogged in January, Patrick McGoohan died, this was a man who created a television programme that demonstrated the plight of the individual and also the importance of individualism, Jade Goody and all reality TV programmes demonstrate the complete opposite and it is very interesting which story got the most coverage...

No comments: