Thursday, September 17, 2009

Keillor or Brown?

I have just found out that Garrison Keillor has a new, Lake Wobegon, Novel coming out this month. Entitled,'Pilgrims' and blurbed as a Wobegon romance and featuring the Krebsbach’s among others… This makes three Lake Wobegon books in as many years.

I rediscovered, Garrison Keillor and Lake Wobegon last Thanksgiving… Myself and my Wife went to spend Thanksgiving in her native Wilkes-Barre, PA… During one of my trips to the Arena Hub, Barnes and Noble, I purchased, ‘Pontoon’. I finished this and was so impressed that I purchased the just published, ‘Liberty’ at Philadelphia airport. After completing this book, I re-read Lake Wobegon Days and stories from, ‘Leaving Home’.

And now another book is to be published, and I am looking forward to reading it. I’ve got to admit with the publication of a collection of Keillor’s Sonnet’s released, I did not expect there to be a Wobegon Novel to follow the other two… Not sure why not.

This has presented a quandary for me, not a big deal, but I thought I’d blog anyway, I am going to be spending my October doing the Children’s Book festival, and afterwards preparing for my first solo show for Adults… I thought afterwards I’d purchase the new Dan Brown as a treat for myself, (Yes I loved the DaVinci Code), But now this book is coming out, I think I’d prefer this one… in these recession bound days only one book can be bought, if that… Thank heavens for Libraries…

Now I discover that Garrison Keillor has another book coming out in November entitled, ‘A Christmas Blizzard’, that I definitely want to read due to my admiration for Keillor and love for all things Christmassy…

It’s been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota my home town…

No comments: