Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Children's Book Festival 2011

Nonsense poetry in libraries, whose crazy idea was that? Add in silly songs, classes of children and audience participation and it sounds like an unworkable idea that is destined to fail and be shunned forever…

Except it does work… for the 7th year in a row, I’m doing just that at the annual celebration of all things literary, The Children’s Book Festival 2011.

This year I visited three separate areas of the country. Two of the areas are well known and have been well visited by me over the years, these areas being Cork City and DunLaoghaire/Rathdown, and then there was the totally new, refreshing and wonderful experience that is Co Westmeath Libraries.

The Libraries visited in order were:

Shankill Library (DLR)
Cabinteely Library (DLR)
Castlepollard Library (Westmeath)
Bishopstown Library (Cork)
Tory Top Library (Cork)
Douglas Library (Cork)

A Wonderful time was had by me and I hope the Children, Teachers and Librarians are able to say the same. My wife was able to attend for the DunLaoghaire Libraries so I was able to obtain visual proof that the event happened, and although we travelled to Cork together, she had her own storytelling to do, so the other libraries only have photos taken by my phone and do not feature anyone within them.

But, again, I had a great time and I am upset that, although there are still events until next week, my CBF is over again for another year…

My Website contains further details if anyone should want to view it, www.paulhtubb.com.

Please see below for photographic evidence…
Thank you.


Me Singing in Shankill Library (Photo by Daria Walsh)


Reading poetry in Cabinteely (Photo by Daria Walsh)


My Lonely Guitar in Castlepollard Library


Display welcoming me to Tory Top Library

No comments: