Friday, March 6, 2009

Library Ireland Week Part 2

During the Q&A section of my performance on Monday I was asked this question, ‘What was the score of the Carling Cup Competition yesterday?’ Of course the question-asker did know the answer to the question, but as I predicted in Sundays blog, me being a Tottenham Hotspur fan would mean that I was to come into a bit of Friendly joking…

The day started, as is my norm, with a coffee and breakfast had at my house in Howth…
The Coffee was again instant due to another broken Cafetierre, but as it didn’t seem to affect me last time I read at Malahide (See Here) I wasn’t as concerned this time.

Catching the 0820 dart from my home town of Howth, I was in Malahide before 9 am and decided to try out a nice place called ‘The Coffee Scene’ for my pre-reading coffee…

I had a bit of time after this so I walked around Malahide before going to the Library. I was upstairs in the Library on this occasion and I found out it was to 70 Children I would be performing too.

And the performance went exceptionally well, except for the story I wrote about in my last Blog about a young experience with the library, that didn't seem to make anyone laugh… but that’s OK, because the poems were well received and the songs were exceptionally well received, I had enquiries about purchasing my poems and I was happy to inform anyone that I have a book coming out (reminder here.) My new song ‘Library Card Blues’ (Listen to here) went down really well, even though I, being a numpty, left my bottleneck at home. I was so pleased with the amount of giggles it got, and I was a bit surprised that at the end, I was asked to play the coat-hanger song again but not this one.

Anyway, after the reading I adjourned to Malahide’s Starbucks where I was impressed by exceptionally friendly staff...

If I have one complaint, it is that, witty comments from Manchester United fans aside, there was only one performance… normally I do two or three, but after this performance I really wanted to do another one and would have stayed in the room and performed to nobody, but that misses the point and looks rather sad.

But anyway, I have my first reading of 2009 down and it is hopefully the first of many…

No comments: